I’m very chuffed to be nominated by the lovely Miss Becky Shea(go check out her blog!) to do this tag. I was shocked to be nominated as I’ve only been blogging for around a month so this is very exciting for me. The idea of this is that this gives not-so-big blogs like mine a bit of love. This way we can all get to know each other better and make our little community stronger. Show my chosen bloggers a little bit of love too when you’re done reading this by checking out their wonderful blogs!
The rules are…..
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers (I’m doing it under their bloglovin followers count) and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
So anyway, here are my questions answered:
1. What are three of your ‘Holy Grail’ products?
It has to be these three as they have been used every time I have put on makeup in the last few months. I love Maybelline’s Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer as it really does do what it says on the tin. It makes my skin so smooth which makes makeup application a breeze! Bourjois’ Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder (in “Medium 51”) is also wonderful in my opinion as it’s such a natural bronzer for my pale skin tone. Although it’s equally as great for darker complexions because I believe it can be easily buildable. Lastly is MUA’s blush in “Lolly” which I cannot stop talking about. I think for a £1 it is the best thing I’ve ever bought! It’s in a lovely coral/peachy shade and it’s so pretty yet natural when used on the skin. I’ve also picked up many of the other shades on offer but this is by far my favourite.
2. What’s the best skincare product you’ve come across?
I’ve been loving The Body Shop’s Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil for removing my makeup at night. It’s so gentle so even my sensitive skin likes it! It’s also super easy to use as you just massage this in and then use a flannel to wash it off. I can tell that it’s so effective with makeup removal because there’s always so much makeup that’s left on the flannel afterwards! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone because it’s just fab.
3. What is your favourite ‘pick-me-up’ drink?
It’s got to be good ol’ coffee! I’ve calmed down recently with my caffeine intake (used to be a bit of an addict) and it’s made coffee so effective for waking me up! My all time favourite type has to be the Caramel Macchiato (pictured above) because it has such a sweet taste. Not only does it boost my energy but it’s much like a dessert. YUM.
4. Favourite naughty snack?
I’m a massive chocoholic so I’ll have to say something I’ve been craving recently: Chocolate Brownies! Honestly, I could do with one (or more) now! Think I might do a bit of baking sometime soon to cure this craving.
5. How often do you use face masks?
I try to use one at least once a week but in reality it normally turns out to be once every 2 weeks!
6. What’s your top make-up application tip?
I’m not the best with makeup but I think the best tip I have is to use a lipliner to prolong your lipstick. This way your lipstick won’t smudge off and also it does make your lipstick stand out more. Another way to prolong lipstick is to dab a tissue onto your lips after applying lipstick and at the same time brush over the tissue with pressed powder. (hope that made sense!)
7. What’s your favourite trend this season?
I’m loving this Kimono trend this summer. I went shopping to the Trafford Centre yesterday and I swear 1 in 5 girls were wearing lovely florally kimonos. I really want one so I can join in! The one pictured above is from Missguided and I’m so close to clicking ‘checkout’ on my basket because of it.
8. Best 5 products under £5?
I’m a sucker for bargain buys and here are my favourite ones. Once again MUA’s blush in “Lolly” is featured. At only £1 I think this definitely comes under this category. Another MUA bargain is their lipsticks, they are also £1 and they have such pretty colours too. They aren’t the best for lasting a long time but they are very easy to deal with and at its price I’m willing to keep touching up my lips if needs be. The colour I’m loving is Shade 13 “Nectar”, a very pretty bright coral (I swear I’m going coral mad!). Another bargain that is a must-have is Rimmel’s Stay Matte Powder I have this in the shade “Pink Blossom”. At £3.99 this works a treat. It’s perfect for keeping my makeup in tact and it’s not too dusty for my dry skin. I also decided to include the cult favourite Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer because I think this is an essential to every girl’s makeup bag. It covers up anything from blemishes to mountains I swear! Lastly I have picked Superdrug’s Vitamin E Night Cream because it’s such good quality night cream for its price (£2.99). This is my back-up cream for when my skin is giving me grief with dryness.
9. Are you a heels or flats girl?
Flats all the way! Although I love getting out my pretty heels for nights out this always ends up being a disaster decision. Once I’m drunk I walk all over the place which is embarrassing enough as it is. Add heels into the equation and I look like a complete fool! Plus it’s so much comfier wearing flats. During the day I wouldn’t dare wear heels, I’m too much of a tomboy for that.
10. What’s top on your ‘wish list’ currently?
This changes pretty much everyday! At the moment it has to be Origins Make a Difference Plus+ Cream because my skin is currently giving me a lot of trouble with dryness. After reading a review on this cream this morning I’m feeling that this is just what I need.
11. Favourite chill out activity?
As humdrum as this sounds I love bath time! Nothing is more relaxing than using my favourite skincare products and bath bombs. Team that up with a magazine or my bloglovin app on my phone and I’m in the ultimate chilled zone.
Aw, I enjoyed doing that, thanks again for my nomination Becky!
What’s next? Oh, my questions.. They are:
- What are your favourite nail polishes this season?
- What magazine (or book if you don’t read magazines) are you currently reading?
- What are your 3 favourite makeup brushes?
- What is your favourite lip colour at the moment? Give examples
- What products do you use specifically for ‘pamper nights’?
- What are your 2 favourite hair products?
- If you could look like any celebrity who would you choose?
- What makeup brand dominates your collection? (ie. What brand do you have the most products of?)
- Which country would you most like to visit?
- What’s you’re best bargain product?
- If you were put on a stranded island and only got to pick one beauty product and one skincare product what would you pick? (be specific, e.g. the brand & colour etc.)
Here are the lovely girls that I am nominating, go check out their amazing blogs!
- http://lamourdecaitlin.blogspot.co.uk/ (I nominate both Caitlin’s so this counts as 2!)
Have fun girls!